“Using Terminal… you can use Unix commands to trick out your Mac in a number of ways that aren’t normally possible,” Dylan Love reports for The Business Insider.
“We found a collection of cool Unix tweaks shared by Belgian web developer Mathias Bynens,” Love reports. “Here are our favorites that you can copy and paste into Terminal.”
8 useful tweaks you can easily make to your Mac’s OS:
• Hide the useless Time Machine and Volume icons in the menu bar
• Always show the scrollbars
• Save screenshots to the Desktop by default
• Show all filename extensions in the Finder
• Allow text selection in Quick Look
• Disable the warning when changing a file extension
• Open links in the background when clicking in the Twitter app
• Stop Time Machine from prompting to use new hard drives as backup volumes
Read more in the full article here.