“It was clear from our initial application iTether, there was enormous demand within the iPhone ecosystem,” says Tim Burke, CEO of Tether, on the company’s blog. “It was unfortunate that Apple decided to remove our application, only 20 hours after we launched. However, this caused us to innovate. Our underlying patent-pending technology behind Tether for iPhone is unlike anything on the market.”
Tether’s new version for the iPhone is purely based on HTML5 and creates a completely wireless connection over AdHoc. This circumvents the need of buying the application directly from Apple’s App Store and allows any iPhone or iPad with a data connection to allow tethering.
Frequent travelers in particular love Tether because it works all over the world, no matter what network or carrier is available at the time. There’s no need to worry about reconfiguring the Internet connection from network to network.
• Internet Anywhere: You can use Tether anywhere you have cellular coverage.
• Easy Setup: Download our software to your iPhone and another for your laptop. Then surf the web and email just like you would with any Internet connection.
• Fast Speeds: Download speeds that are unbelievably fast.
• No Tethering Fees: Tether uses your phone’s data plan and we do not charge tethering fees.
• All iPhones: Tether is compatible with all iPhones.
• All Carriers: Tether has been used on carriers all over the world.
• Mac and Windows Compatible
A subscription to Tether costs $30 per year (30-day money back guarantee).